[phenixbb] Ensemble refinement

Tristan Croll tristan.croll at qut.edu.au
Fri Apr 3 18:30:41 PDT 2015

If I understand correctly, since ensemble refinement is a dynamics-based method your starting structure needs to be effectively "perfect" (i.e. a true representation of one of the conformations that makes up the real-world ensemble). Any error in your assignment that's separated from the true structure by a large enough energy barrier will throw it right out.

With that in mind, I wouldn't throw out the ensemble refinement results immediately. Why not have a closer look and see what's moved substantially? There may be some clues in there for you.

Cheers,

Tristan

Tristan Croll
Lecturer
Faculty of Health
School of Biomedical Sciences
Institute of Health and Biomedical Engineering
Queensland University of Technology
60 Musk Ave
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059 Australia
+61 7 3138 6443

This email and its attachments (if any) contain confidential information intended for use by the addressee and may be privileged.  We do not waive any confidentiality, privilege or copyright associated with the email or the attachments.  If you are not the intended addressee, you must not use, transmit, disclose or copy the email or any attachments.  If you receive this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original email.