[phenixbb] Anisotropic B-factors with Trucated Data

Jrh jrhelliwell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 23:51:22 PDT 2015

Yes indeed quite so.
We agree that 1.7Angstrom is low for this type of refinement.
But I concede there may be more to try in this case, as you summarised.
And as you remark in your recent talk slides (thankyou for the weblink by the way) 'avoid fitting into noise' or as I would put it 'false precision' is also important. (I was impressed by your very recent FEM maps paper in Acta D by the way, and put out a tweet from my twitter account @HelliwellJohn highlighting it).
Greetings,
John

Emeritus Prof John R Helliwell DSc