[phenixbb] Fwd: ML with Twinning?

Keller, Jacob kellerj at janelia.hhmi.org
Wed Dec 16 12:40:25 PST 2015

There are a number of twinning tests, and if they indicate a ~>5% twin fraction, the convention is to use twin refinement. Refining twin fractions then gives a more accurate estimate of the true fraction.

I think your hypothetical about not helping anything besides R might not really happen in practice—has it happened to you, or do you know of such a case? In any case, if you know something is there in your data (twinning, waters, chloride ions, etc) why not model it if you have reasonable evidence that it’s there?

JPK