[phenixbb] Fw: Strange behaviour of phenix.maps fill_missing_f_obs

Tristan Croll tristan.croll at qut.edu.au
Thu Feb 5 01:12:38 PST 2015

My previous email was hung up in moderation due to my attaching a jpeg that tripped the size limit. In any case, I've done a bit more testing and the problem doesn't actually originate in the fill_missing_f_obs, but in the kicked map algorithm. If, as per the attached parameter file, I have a kicked map in the to-do list, every map past that point is garbled (the kicked map itself appears fine). Set kicked to False, and all maps come out looking normal.

I should also note that the sharpening_b_factor parameter seems inverted from the normal convention: a negative value gives smoothing rather than sharpening.

Cheers,

Tristan