[phenixbb] phenix.refine reference?

Paul Adams pdadams at lbl.gov
Sun Jan 4 14:24:55 PST 2015

Dear Ulrich,

  thanks for asking! We ask that authors always cite the main Phenix paper when using any part of Phenix (Adams et al., Acta Cryst D66, 213-221, 2010). In addition it would be very helpful if specific programs are also cited. For the two in question,

The current specific reference for phenix.refine is:

Towards automated crystallographic structure refinement with phenix.refine.Afonine PV, Grosse-Kunstleve RW, Echols N, Headd JJ, Moriarty NW, Mustyakimov M, Terwilliger TC, Urzhumtsev A, Zwart PH, Adams PD. Acta Cryst. D68, 352-367 (2012).

For phenix.xtriage:

Xtriage and Fest: automatic assessment of X-ray data and substructure structure factor estimation. P.H. Zwart, R.W. Grosse-Kunstleve, and P.D. Adams CCP4 newsletterWinter, Contribution 7 (2005)

  Cheers,
	Paul

> On Jan 4, 2015, at 12:08 PM, Ulrich Baumann <ubaumann at uni-koeln.de> wrote:
>
> Dear colleagues,
>
> a very happy New Year 2015 to all of you!
>
> Is there a specific reference for phenix.refine, please? Or is it ok if we cite Adams et al., Acta Cryst D66, 213-221 (2010) or the 2011 paper on Phenix? What about Xtriage?
>
> Thanks you very much for your kind help!
>
> Best wishes,
> Ulrich

Paul Adams
Deputy Division Director, Physical Biosciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley Lab
Division Deputy for Biosciences, Advanced Light Source, Lawrence Berkeley Lab
Adjunct Professor, Department of Bioengineering, U.C. Berkeley
Vice President for Technology, the Joint BioEnergy Institute
Laboratory Research Manager, ENIGMA Science Focus Area

Building 64, Room 248
Building 80, Room 247
Building 978, Room 4126
Tel: 1-510-486-4225, Fax: 1-510-486-5909
http://cci.lbl.gov/paul

Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
1 Cyclotron Road
BLDG 64R0121