[phenixbb] Importing project to Phenix

Emilia C. Arturo (Emily) eca38 at drexel.edu
Tue Jan 6 15:00:25 PST 2015

Hello,

I'd like to take a phenix project (on which I've been working successfully
on the Mac where I initially created the project) from one Mac to another
Mac. When I tried to use the 'Import project' tool on the new computer, I
got a notification that "[...] the directory must contain the PHENIX
project tracking data (a sub-directory named 'phenix' or '.phenix', and
associated files)." Unfortunately, I didn't see a sub-directory named
'phenix' or '.phenix' in the folder where all my project files had been
created and stored, and wasn't sure what to do about it, so I proceeded
with the Import anyway, to see what would happen. On the new computer, the
project was imported seemingly successfully (e.g. the project history is
all there), but when I tried to Run a refinement I'd configured for this
project, I got an error about the missing '.phenix' file. The error is:
"Cannot open file for write: [...] No such file or directory:
[...]/.phenix/project_data/refine_22.eff'

Can someone help me figure out how to properly move a project from one
computer to another?

Thank you,
Emily.