[phenixbb] Importing project to Phenix

Emilia C. Arturo (Emily) eca38 at drexel.edu
Tue Jan 13 12:29:07 PST 2015

This mail is to update my bb post, from several days ago, about an issue I
had with importing a project into phenix.

I'd been unable to import a project into a new installation of phenix, a
project that had run well on one Mac where it was created, but not on a new
Mac where I'd imported it with phenix's import tool. Nat helped me find the
problem, and I'll tell you my solution.  While the project did seem to
import fine into phenix (i.e. no errors or warnings), I could not run
refinement on files in this project because I had renamed and reorganized
some directories that phenix had created, by default, when the project was
initially created. (I should point out that the problem was not that the
file paths were wrong; regardless of the paths, the directory architecture
needed to be just-so). unfortunately, I could not undo the reorganization
I'd done in order to have the project work in phenix (i.e. I tried to
re-create the directories based on what I saw from a new project I created
as template). The solution was to create a new project alongside the old
one, where I could still at least see all the job history of the old
project. I checked that one *could* import a project from one Mac to
another if the project's directory architecture was unadulterated; and yes,
as long as the directories are not reorganized, importing from one Mac to
another worked fine.

Lesson learned: don't fuss with the default files that phenix creates,
particularly if you'd like in the future to move the project.

Emily.