[phenixbb] FW: question regarding Table1

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Sat Jan 17 22:23:06 PST 2015

Please send me the inputs off-list and I will take a look.  I suspect the
problem is that the "original MTZ" isn't really the appropriate file -
there is a weird corner case where the output of Aimless (I think) is
recognized as "unmerged" even though nearly all reflections are unique.
This could explain the weird statistics, in which case my recommendation
would be to re-run the scaling exactly as before but also directing Aimless
to output the unmerged reflections as a Scalepack file.  (Or, in the
future, if you process your data with xia2 it will do this automatically,
but I don't think you need to re-process these data to get what you need.)

(Actually, I don't even need to see the file itself - you could just run
phenix.merging_statstics on the MTZ file and send me the result.)