[phenixbb] Problems installing Rosetta

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Tue Jan 20 11:17:46 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 3:48 AM, 신인철 <ichul96 at snu.ac.kr> wrote:

>  [root at localhost ~]# rosetta.build_phenix_interface nproc=8
>
> False
> scons: Reading SConscript files ...
> Running versioning script ... Done. (0.0 seconds)
> Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
> Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
> Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
> ImportError: No module named site

This error happens when the Rosetta build system tries to run Python
internally to generate additional files used in compilation.  Although we
include a complete Python environment with Phenix, Rosetta will probably
use the system's Python interpreter (or whatever is defined as the 'python'
command).  The error message you see means that this interpreter is
completely broken, i.e. something is wrong with your system.  You can
confirm this by running a command such as:

python -c "import site"

There's nothing we can do to fix this - you need to consult your local
system administrator and/or OS reference manual for assistance/instructions
for getting a working Python installed.

(Added this to the FAQ list as well.)

-Nat