[phenixbb] accept MR solution even if the number of clashes is above the threshold

Roger Rowlett rrowlett at colgate.edu
Thu Jul 2 06:51:39 PDT 2015

Increase the number of allowed clashes in Phaser, and examine the
resulting solution in Coot to see if (1) electron density is reasonable,
and (2) molecular packing is reasonable. It is very common that a search
model has some surface loops in alternate locations compared to your
target that generate the clashes. These loops can be deleted in your
search model if desired, or, if you have sufficient data quality, you
can try using the initial phases obtained to autobuild the target.

_______________________________________
Roger S. Rowlett
Gordon & Dorothy Kline Professor
Department of Chemistry