[phenixbb] pdb LINK record lost after phenix refine in GUI

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Thu Jul 16 08:07:49 PDT 2015

Hi Lu,

seeing the link in graphics and actually having bond defined in
refinement are two different things. Refinement uses standard restraints
and those you define on top of that. Visualization tools use standard
bonding patterns to show you the bonds (and sometimes also use distance
based connectivity, such as Pymol). Visualization tools are unlikely to
guess anything on top of that.

So if you want to have specific bond in refinement, then tell refinement
program to add it (and checking .geo file is not a bad idea to verify
that it was actually added). Seeing that bond on graphics is a different
story and it is outside the scope of Phenix refinement. Check
documentation of visualization program you use to learn what's required
to see what you want to see.

Pavel