[phenixbb] Radiation-sensitive dataset and molecular replacement

mohamed noor mohamed.noor34 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 11:45:14 PDT 2015

Dear all

I have a crystal that diffracted to about 3.5 A for the first 5 degrees and
rapidly decayed after that. With xia2, I can get a good dataset to 6 A
(CC1/2, I/sigma etc.) using all the frames. I can also process the first
good frames with obviously low completeness (20%).

As I only want to check if molecular replacement can be done before
investing time on experimental phasing (not expecting miracles here and not
publishing this yet), should I bother running Phaser?

The closest search model only covers about 20 % of the protein with 20 %
identity.

Thanks.