[phenixbb] Merging reflections

Randy Read rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 2 00:39:49 PDT 2015

Dear Mohamed,

On the point of Phaser setting the ligand occupancy to zero, that is certainly the default.  Before we did this, we had been counting on users editing the PDB file to remove irrelevant HETATM records, but found that many users weren’t actually doing this.  However, there’s a flag to override this behaviour, which is set from the command line for instance as “ENSEMBLE <myensemble> HETATOM ON”, if you did want to keep a ligand or something as important for the scattering as an iron-sulfur cluster.

Best wishes

Randy
-----
Randy J. Read
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research    Tel: +44 1223 336500
Wellcome Trust/MRC Building                         Fax: +44 1223 336827
Hills Road                                                            E-mail: rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Cambridge CB2 0XY, U.K.                               www-structmed.cimr.cam.ac.uk