[phenixbb] does the lastest Phenix only support windows 7

R.D. Oeffner rdo20 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Jun 6 01:44:36 PDT 2015

Dear Xiao,

I believe this must be a typo. The Windows version should run fine on
Windows 7 and later versions of Windows.

Thanks for drawing attention to this,

Robert

On 2015-06-06 08:34, Xiao Lei wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am a beginner of crystallography and I'd like to install Phenix. I
> tried to download phenix for my Windows 8.1 system (64bit) but in the
> download page it says "64-bit (Windows 7 only) ". I do not know if I
> really have to use Windows 7.
>
> Does anyone have experience of installation Phenix on Windows 8.1?
>
> Thanks ahead.
>
> Xiao

Robert Oeffner, Ph.D.
Research Associate, The Read Group
Department of Haematology,
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research
University of Cambridge
Cambridge Biomedical Campus
Wellcome Trust/MRC Building
Hills Road