[phenixbb] anomalous difference map calculation

Alexandra Marques at.marques at fct.unl.pt
Wed Jun 17 10:07:25 PDT 2015

Thank you very much for your replies.

Here is what I did:

1)I rerun xdsconv again with Friedls law=false in order to get the mtz file
with the F(+) and F(-) columns (new.mtz).

2) I used my pdb file from the last refinement together with the new.mtz
file as input for “Calculate maps” in Phenix and selected the option for
anomalous map.

Now I obtained the ANOM PHANOM map. I hope this is correct…

In the anomalous map the largest density is in the Mo and Fe atoms. There
is no density in the S of SO3 or SO4 groups, so, this will not help me to
decide whether there are SO3 groups in the structure (because for the SO4 I
have no doubt).

However, while searching the mailling list I foud this post
http://www.phenix-online.org/pipermail/phenixbb/2009-September/013799.html
which
worried me. Should I have used from the beginning this “new” mtz file
with F+/F- in order to obtain anomalous differences map at each
refinement step? Do you think that I should go back, transfer the
R-free flags to my new mtz file and repeat all the refinements?

Best regards,

Alexandra