[phenixbb] Low resolution refinement - rotamers and Ramachandran

Tristan Croll tristan.croll at qut.edu.au
Thu May 21 15:32:33 PDT 2015

> So, it seems weight optimization is trying to lower the clashes and outliers at the expense of R factor.

That's certainly not a bad thing. Remember, the object of refinement is to get the best possible model, not the best possible R-factor. I suspect that what these results are trying to tell you is that there's something fundamentally wrong somewhere in your model - something out of register, perhaps? Some close inspection of regions where lots of outliers appear may be in order.

Tristan Croll
Lecturer
Faculty of Health
School of Biomedical Sciences
Institute of Health and Biomedical Engineering
Queensland University of Technology
60 Musk Ave
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059 Australia
+61 7 3138 6443

This email and its attachments (if any) contain confidential information intended for use by the addressee and may be privileged.  We do not waive any confidentiality, privilege or copyright associated with the email or the attachments.  If you are not the intended addressee, you must not use, transmit, disclose or copy the email or any attachments.  If you receive this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original email.