[phenixbb] Low resolution refinement - rotamers and Ramachandran

mohamed noor mohamed.noor34 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 02:51:35 PDT 2015

Hi Pavel

I have two more questions:

1. If I see a small drop in R/Rfree when I request solvent update (I
over-rode the default cut-off of 2.8 A), should I keep those waters?

2. Where can I find the values for favored phi/psi values for Ramachandran?
Using the FEM map, I can see some residues flagged as outliers but when
they are fixed in Coot (real space refine tool) to a favored region, they
actually come out of the density. This makes me suspect that those outliers
are real. When I use Ramachandran restraints, obviously the outliers are
'fixed' but clashscore increases. In other cases, the tweak needed to fix
them are quite small.

3. For publication, do I need to make an image of each outlier that was not
fixed?

 Thanks.