[phenixbb] lose the jobs history when update/install phenix new version

R.D. Oeffner rdo20 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 26 10:20:28 PST 2015

Dear Caio,

Every effort has been made to retain job history when upgrading to a new
version of Phenix. However, that is sometimes prohibitive when
implementing new features. So if your Phenix version is a couple of
years old some of the history may fail to migrate to a recent version of
Phenix.

Although one or two Phenix programs work flawlessly when compiled with
openMP Phenix does in general not support openMP. It can be compiled
with openMP but you may experience unpredictable behaviour if you
attempt to run programs from the GUI.

Regards,

Robert

On 2015-11-26 17:26, caio reis wrote:
> Hi, my name is Caio, I do Ph.D in biomolecular physics at University
> of Sao Paulo, Brazil, and I am writing to know if anyone knows if I'm
> gonna lose my job history in Phenix, if I update my version to the
> newest one. I work with many proteins and structures (MR, autobuild,
> phenix.refine, etc), so as I can better manage my jobs and archives
> using and consulting my job history in Phenix interface.
>
> I also want to know, if I can use de openmp without having to compile
> phenix again...because I don't want to lose my job history (in case it
> can be lost when Phenix is updated/installed again/compiled).
>
> Thank you in advance.

Robert Oeffner, Ph.D.
Research Associate, The Read Group
Department of Haematology,
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research
University of Cambridge
Cambridge Biomedical Campus
Wellcome Trust/MRC Building
Hills Road