[phenixbb] Non crystallographic symmetry

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Thu Oct 1 17:43:06 PDT 2015

Hi Reza,

you can have as many as you can fit into memory of your computer.

Note, you need to provide the whole molecule as the input (not one copy
plus MTRIX/BIOMT matrices). If you only have one copy plus MTRIX/BIOMT
matrices you can use phenix.pdb.mtrix_reconstruction or
phenix.pdb.biomt_reconstruction tools to obtain the whole model (the GUI
equivalents of these command line tools are available, I think).

Running real-space refinement (phenix.real_space_refine) would be less
memory intensive than reciprocal space refinement (phenix.refine). You
did not mention what data you have, X-ray or Cryo-EM, so I would not
tell much about this.

Anyway, you should be able to do what you want without problems. If you
have any questions or problems or need any help please let me know!

Good luck!
Pavel