[phenixbb] Fw: on phenix.real_space_refine

Smith Lee smith_lee123 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 18 08:55:39 PDT 2015

Dear Pavel,
On Oct 9, 2015 I have e-mailed to you my experience with 1.9-1692 and version 1.10 (and 1.10.1) on phenix.real_space_refine.
Today I just completed another protein phenix.real_space_refine. For the following comparison runs, the initial model same, the map same, all 5 macro_cycles default  run.
For version 1.10.1, the results were as following,
Map CC (whole unit cell): 0.672Map CC (around atoms): 0.761rmsd (bonds):  0.01rmsd (angles): 1.55All-atom clahscore: 39.27Ramachandran outlier: 0.98%Ramachandran allowed: 12.71%Ramachandran favoured: 86.31%Rotamer outliers: 0.91%C-beta deviations: 0
For version 1.9-1692, the results were as following,
Map CC (whole unit cell): 0.645Map CC (around atoms): 0.687rmsd (bonds):  0.0071rmsd (angles): 1.15All-atom clahscore:16.88Ramachandran outlier: 2.00%Ramachandran allowed: 6.23%Ramachandran favoured: 91.77%Rotamer outliers: 0.05%C-beta deviations: 0
For the  version 1.10.1 phenix.real_space_refine, the most unacceptable was on the clashscore, the whole refine process seems did not care on the clashcore refine at all.
I am looking forward to getting an explanation from you on the causes of the difference for phenix.real_space_refine for the 2 versions, and the possible strategy we can take to eliminate the difference to get the acceptable results.
Best regards.
Smith