[phenixbb] Alternative conformations in Coot

Nigel Moriarty nwmoriarty at lbl.gov
Mon Sep 21 11:47:30 PDT 2015

Folks

A recent article by Pavel Afonine in the Computational Crystallography
Newsletter highlighted the flexible interface for alternative locations in
Phenix. You can read it here:

http://phenix-online.org/newsletter/CCN_2015_07.pdf#page=12

It recently came to my attention that some users who have an example of the
Number 5 were having trouble viewing their models in Coot. After
communicating with Paul Emsley, it turns out that you need a recent version
of Coot (I ungraded from 0.8 to 0.8.2) and add the line

allow_duplicate_sequence_numbers()

to your ~/.coot.py file. You can test this using PDB 1ejg.

Cheers

Nigel

---
Nigel W. Moriarty
Building 33R0349, Physical Biosciences Division
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Berkeley, CA 94720-8235
Phone : 510-486-5709     Email : NWMoriarty at LBL.gov
Fax   : 510-486-5909       Web  : CCI.LBL.gov