[phenixbb] Phenix Xtriage label error

Dorothee Liebschner dcliebschner at lbl.gov
Tue Apr 12 14:38:27 PDT 2016

Hi Alex,

Your anomalous signal seems to extend to about 4 A. Xtriage will also
report a resolution limit for your useful anomalous data.

What do you mean by "merged"? Merging multiple observations of the same hkl
or averaging Friedel mates? You should use a merged file (observations) for
Xtriage (as suggested by Peter Zwart), but if you want to have some
statistics of the anomalous signal, you have to use a file where Friedel
mates are kept separate. So why don't you use your file from aimless for
xtriage? As you posted above, aimless found anomalous signal, so the output
should keep the data separate.

BTW, maybe you can extend the resolution of your data set, I/sigma is 2.9
in the highest shell. Or are you limited by detector geometry?

And as Ryan said, just try phasing/heavy atom search. No anomalous signal
indicator can tell you beforehand if phasing will be successful.

Best wishes,

Dorothee