[phenixbb] sequence independent model building possible?

Kaushik Hatti hskaushik at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 19:47:23 PST 2016

Dear All,

Thanks for all the valuable inputs.
I was able to build side chains for the core of the protein.  Using this
sequence information, I was able to identify sequence family from Pfam.  It
seems like it has phosphate-binding domain (I could also see a blob which
looks like a phosphate).  I am using Multiple sequence alignment from the
closest Pfam hits to built sidechains for the rest of the protein.  The
latest scores are, R/Rfree: 28/37; LLG=3681; TFZ=39.2

I hope to solve it very soon.

Thanks,
Kaushik
P.S:
1) I had searched Dali too.  These hits (with less than 2 A RMSD), when
used as phasing model in Phaser failed to yield a solution.  The top hits
probably belong to the same fold but seems to have internal domain
movements.  However, the core was conserved (which I recognise now as
phosphate-binding domain).

2) Had also searched PDB for unit cell with similar dimensions without much
help.  Will checkout Nearest-Cell v2.0.  Thanks for the this.

3) ~20% of the structure is loop for which backbone isn't built.  I hope to
model this soon.
Thanks again for all the help.