[phenixbb] Feature request: multi-stage refinement protocols from the GUI?

Tristan Croll tristan.croll at qut.edu.au
Mon Feb 22 07:57:08 PST 2016

I know that feeling all too well!

Cheers,

Tristan

________________________________
From: phenixbb-bounces at phenix-online.org <phenixbb-bounces at phenix-online.org> on behalf of Pavel Afonine <pafonine at lbl.gov>
Sent: Tuesday, 23 February 2016 1:47 AM
To: phenixbb at phenix-online.org
Subject: Re: [phenixbb] Feature request: multi-stage refinement protocols from the GUI?

Hi Tristan,

I've been willing to do this for years now. In fact it would help to automate refinement by dynamically casting refinement strategies and parameters as refinement progresses.

Unfortunately no, this functionality is not available. It is not too difficult to implement, may be a week of focused work. The biggest problem is that the (only) way this can be done will brake a lot of backwards compatibility and will require a lot of changes in the GUI because the main{} scope of parameters will have to become of type "multiple". So far this was the major demotivator for me to do it.

All the best,
Pavel