[phenixbb] Amber in phenix

R. Gasper-Schönenbrücher raphael.gasper at bph.rub.de
Tue Jul 12 09:39:42 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I am trying to run amber from phenix with a standard pdb file, no
co-factors etc and struggle already at the phenix.AmberPrep script.
For unknown reasons, the .prmtop file stays empty (0 bytes). I have
tried to figure out from the amber python scripts, where the problem
might be, but didn't find anything obvious (the "self.ns_names" variable
stays empty)

The leap log files states two problems:
1) ......Nonterminal, was not found in name map. (for every single amino
acid)
2) FATAL:  Atom .R<MET 1>.A<N 1> does not have a type. (for every single
atom)
which ends up in:
"Failed to generate parameters
Parameter file was not saved."