[phenixbb] Phenix.refine peptide chain break

Booe, Jason M (HSC) Jason-Booe at ouhsc.edu
Tue Jul 26 07:54:04 PDT 2016

Dear all,

I am refining a structure after renumbering my chain such that there is a gap in numbering (i.e. chain A ends at 350 and then starts again at 1000) as this has numbering has been recommended for us to use by the PDB for our fusion proteins. I'm having issues with Phenix.refine not understanding that their is still a peptide bond and breaks the chain and pushes the atoms away. There is no TER card between the chains and I've used LINK records as well to no avail. I'm wondering how to properly deal with this.

Thanks,
Jason