[phenixbb] Real space difference maps?

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Tue Mar 15 11:20:00 PDT 2016

Hi Oliver,

something I'm not quite sure I understand.. if you can see the ligand in
the difference map you should be able to see it in the original
experimental map too (at appropriate contour level).

It's different from crystallography, I think. In crystallography we
almost always use model phases to compute usual maps, meaning we have to
deal with model bias and other artifacts. In cryo-EM the reconstructed
map is your primary data for atomic modeling. If there is signal you
should be able to see it in this map.

Pavel