[phenixbb] The 2016 Diffraction Methods in Structural Biology Gordon Research Conference

Edward Snell esnell at hwi.buffalo.edu
Tue Mar 22 13:22:37 PDT 2016

Dear All,

This is not Phenix related but we do see a lot of representation from Phenix developers and users at this conference.

The 2016 Diffraction Methods in Structural Biology Gordon Research Conference (GRC) will be held at Bates College in Maine from July 17,to July 22nd 2016 - immediately before the American Crystallography Association Annual Meeting. The theme of this year's conference is "Probing the Structure and Dynamics of Macromolecules" and the conference celebrates its 40 year anniversary.  Current details are available at https://www.grc.org/programs.aspx?id=11655. Program details are below, it promises to be an exciting.

Arwen Pearson (co-chair) and I would like to invite you to consider attending the conference. Topics to be covered include new instruments and opportunities on the horizon, methods to improve maps and models, complementary approaches, resolving dynamics, the interplay between XFEL and synchrotron, new diffraction developments, and structure beyond Bragg diffraction. Many of the worlds experts in these areas will be at the meeting and we encourage the participation of every level of expertise to cross-pollinate the field. We will also have an opportunity for selected poster presenters to present talks at the meeting.

Applications for the conference are now being accepted and will continue to be accepted until we are full.