[phenixbb] protein atom selection

Tristan Croll tic20 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Feb 3 11:59:04 PST 2017

Hi Wolfram,

I believe this is because Phenix (like most packages) uses a heuristic definition of "peptide" that's flexible enough to capture modified amino acids (even novel ones) - basically, anything that contains the canonical amino acid backbone (as SAM does) is captured.

Cheers,

Tristan

Tristan Croll
Research Fellow
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research
University of Cambridge CB2 0XY