[phenixbb] Phenix.refine ignores ligand planarity restraint

Dale Tronrud detBB at daletronrud.com
Mon Feb 27 09:24:18 PST 2017

   You could also check that the other restraints in your cif are
compatible with planarity.  If the sum of the three bond angles for a
planar atom is less than 360 deg your angle restraints will be fighting
with your planarity.  You also have to check the sum of the internal
angles of your planar rings.  If I recall correctly the sum of the
internal angles must equal n*180 - 360 for the ring to be flat.

Dale Tronrud