[phenixbb] Academic position in glycoscience at The University of York

Jon Agirre jon.agirre at york.ac.uk
Mon Jan 9 06:57:07 PST 2017

Not to be confused with our previous job posting - please note the earlier
deadline (5th of February) for this one!

The Department of Chemistry at The University of York is seeking to appoint
a high-calibre researcher in glycoscience with a clear vision to lead their
own programme of excellent research, which will complement that of
Professor Gideon Davies, FRS FMedSci and other members of the York
Structural Biology Laboratory (YSBL). The role is available at any level
and we welcome interest from talented academics with an impressive research
profile appropriate to the level of application and a collegiate approach
to their work.

We would particularly welcome applications from researchers with a track
record in chemical biology approaches to mammalian glycoscience; preferably
with biomedical aspects. You will join a department renowned
internationally for its research. Combined with a dedication to
high-quality teaching and excellent student satisfaction, we are recognised
consistently for our family-friendly policies and are proud of our Athena
SWAN Gold Award.

Key Requirements (viewed relative to the level of post applied for – see
candidate briefs for more details):

- PhD in a Chemical or Biochemical Science
- Demonstrated expertise in a field/fields central to glycoscience
- Ability to undertake high-quality research and publish in leading,
peer-reviewed journals
- Ability to define, lead, manage and attract funds for research, operating
across disciplinary boundaries
- Experience of and commitment to teaching and learning at undergraduate
level.
- Demonstrable capacity for creative thinking and planning
- Substantial recent publication record in leading peer-reviewed journal
- Evidence of national and/or international collaboration

More information: https://jobs.york.ac.uk/wd/plsql/wd_portal.show
_job?p_web_site_id=3885&p_web_page_id=297414
Deadline for applications: 05/02/2017

--
Dr Jon Agirre
York Structural Biology Laboratory / Department of Chemistry