[phenixbb] help with Histidine flip in phenix refinement

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Thu Jan 19 06:11:15 PST 2017

Hi Vikram,

you asked this or very similar question the other day and I replied on
1/7/17, 08:07. Repeating:

"""
set nqh_flips=False or disable real-space refinement. That will stop
flips from happening.

I'd like to address this issue in phenix.refine centrally, so these
unwanted flips do not happen. For this it would be helpful to have an
example. Could you please send me model files before and after
refinement and the data file, and also tell what His flips?
"""

Excluding atoms from refinement:
http://phenix-online.org/documentation/reference/refinement.html#refinement-of-coordinates
which is really the last resort.