[phenixbb] Composite omit map

Sam Tang samtys0910 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 04:48:30 PDT 2017

Dear all

Sorry for a very basic question about generating an omit map.

I am trying to generate a SA-omit map for only my ligand but not the
protein core of my complex.  I presume I can use phenix.composite_omit_map
GUI and specify my ligand chain in Atom Selection?

All other parameters being the same, I notice that when I did not select
any atom the whole structure was divided to 30-40 regions but when I
selected my ligand chain it now divides into 89 regions. Is there a reason
why and is there any advantage to manually adjust the number of omit
regions?

Many thanks and regards

Sam
Biochemistry Programme, School of Life Sciences, CUHK