[phenixbb] ligand - protein close contact

Nikos Pinotsis n.pinotsis at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Tue Jun 6 12:22:04 PDT 2017

Dear all,

I have a protein-ligand structure with several chains in the AU. After
refinement one of the ligands forms a close contact 1.8A with the
protein. For the rest of the protein-ligand chains the same interaction
is as expected to 2.7-2.8 A forming an H-bond. I tried to adjust this
ligand with coot but everytime I am getting back the same 1.8 A close
contact. There is enough density for the ligand and I can even see that
it can fit better to distance 2.4-2.5A H-bond with the protein
Is there a way to constrain this distance to more than 2A? Should I fix
the ligand atom that interacts? Unless I am missing something more
fundamental. The ligand cif file is the default in phenix, the data set
is a quite decent 2.3A.

thanks in advance for any suggestions
Nikos

--
Dr. Nikos Pinotsis
Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology