[phenixbb] Different stats with different number of macrocycles

Mark A. White mawhite at utmb.edu
Thu May 4 11:54:26 PDT 2017

Patrick,

At this resolution the (RMS bonds/angles =0.005 Å/0.9 deg) are
over-constrained (Bad).  At high resolution we should expect values ~
0.018 Å/3.0 deg.   At your moderate resolution RMS bonds/angle values of
0.008 Å/1.4 deg are typical (Good).  Getting a very low RMSD just
indicates that the model was over-constrained, and is no different than
having the same B-factors for every residue.  It is just not physically
reasonable.

--
Yours sincerely,

Mark A. White, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology,
Manager, Sealy Center for Structural Biology and Molecular Biophysics
Macromolecular X-ray Laboratory,
Basic Science Building, Room 6.658A
University of Texas Medical Branch
Galveston, TX 77555-0647
Tel. (409) 747-4747
Fax. (409) 747-1404
mailto://[email protected]
http://xray.utmb.edu

QQ: "What is earnest is not always true; on the contrary, error is often
more earnest than truth."
- Benjamin Disraeli