[phenixbb] Running Phaser with a already placed solution from a previous job

vincent Chaptal vincent.chaptal at ibcp.fr
Thu Oct 5 04:55:58 PDT 2017

Dear everyone,

this sounds trivial but I somehow can't make it work so I would
appreciate any pointer.

I have placed a component using phaser and would like to expand my
search using this already placed component as partial solution.
I open the full-featured interface of phaser in the GUI and select the
box "Use partial solution from previous job" and select the job (nothing
seems to happen there).
I define my ensembles with ensemble_1 as "fixed partial solution" and
ensemble_2 the one to search for.  I then get the error message that
"ense_1 from previous job is not specified on the current ensemble tab".

Using the info button I see that "It is best to do this by modifying the
configuration of the GUI from the previous Phaser run instead of
starting from scratch, because the stored solutions do not contain the
definitions of the search ensembles"

but I don't understand what is asked for me to do here. When I restore
the previous job, I can't see how I can start a new search from there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Vincent

I'm using phenix 1.12-2829.

--

Vincent Chaptal, PhD

Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Protéines

Drug Resistance and Membrane Proteins Laboratory

7 passage du Vercors

69007 LYON

FRANCE

+33 4 37 65 29 01