[phenixbb] Model_vs_data speed

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Sun Oct 15 22:10:40 PDT 2017

Eric,

I'm sorry it is slow, or slower than you expect. I'm sure technically it
can run up to 10 seconds max per largest structure in PDB, as advertised in

http://journals.iucr.org/d/issues/2013/04/00/dz5273/dz5273.pdf

if corresponding code is appropriately refactored (making most use of
above paper); plus time taken by phenix.molprobity.

Unfortunately, I'm away till October 26, and then will be at the
workshop till November 6th.

Others from the team (Dorothee, Oleg, Nigel, Billy, Vincent, Chris?) are
encouraged to feel free to volunteer to address obvious runtime
bottlenecks in this code.

All the best,
Pavel