[phenixbb] Job opening: Postdoctoral Fellow in Structural Biology and Drug Discovery

Schonbrunn, Ernst Ernst.Schonbrunn at moffitt.org
Thu Oct 19 20:32:45 PDT 2017

Dear Madam/Sir,

Please post the following open postdoctoral position on your job-board.

Thank you,

Ernst Schonbrunn

Postdoctoral Fellow in Structural Biology and Drug Discovery

Location: Moffitt Cancer Center, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612
Department: Drug Discovery Department
Job Details:

Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.

The Schönbrunn lab studies the structure-function relationship of medicinally relevant proteins along with the discovery and development of novel small molecule inhibitors as therapeutics.  We are involved in multiple projects working in team with medicinal chemists, biologists and clinicians on the targeting of proteins involved in cell signaling and epigenetic events. For an overview of our research approach and current projects please visit our web site at labpages2.moffitt.org/schonbrunn/<http://labpages2.moffitt.org/schonbrunn/>.

 Position Highlights:

·         We seek highly motivated postdoctoral researchers to work on inter-disciplinary projects towards the characterization and inhibitor development of diverse kinases and bromodomain-containing proteins.
*      The position provides exciting opportunities for biochemical, structural and cell-based studies of various drug-target interactions and rational drug design.

 The Ideal Candidate:

·         The ideal candidate has a Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Physics or related field and expertise in protein crystallography and biochemistry as demonstrated by publications in internationally recognized scientific journals.
*      Additional experience in cell biology is preferred.

 Responsibilities:

·         Candidates must be enthusiastic and dedicated to science with excellent organizational skills and effective at working independently, while also collaborating and assisting the team in its collective research goals.
*      Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects is required.
*      Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.

 Credentials and Qualifications:

*      Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Physics or related field.

A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a current CV with recent publications, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals (2-page maximum) and contact information for three references to Dr. Ernst Schönbrunn at Ernst.Schonbrunn at moffitt.org<mailto:Ernst.Schonbrunn at moffitt.org>

Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.

[MOFFITT_2c_RGB for signature]

Ernst Schönbrunn, PhD
Associate Professor
Moffitt Cancer Center

12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612 | tel:  813-745-4703 | email: ernst.schonbrunn at moffitt.org

This transmission may be confidential or protected from disclosure and is only for review and use by the intended recipient. Access by anyone else is unauthorized. Any unauthorized reader is hereby notified that any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this information, or any act or omission taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately. Thank you.