[phenixbb] clashscore

Edward A. Berry BerryE at upstate.edu
Fri Feb 9 09:13:12 PST 2018

I just tried this: increasing the nonbonded_weight just to 3000 reduced clashscore from 6.5 to 1.9. Also there were about half-dozen waters flagged by pdb as less than 2.2A from another atom - with the increased weight the closest was 2.30. At the expense of increaseing R-free by 0.0025 - perhaps not significant. It would be best to fix any clashes that result from errors, but I guess some atoms are poorly determined and wander about- a small percentage may wander too close to another atom, and the increased weight opposes that tendency.