[phenixbb] Phenix.molprobity PDB pre-test

Oleg Sobolev osobolev at lbl.gov
Fri Feb 9 10:58:38 PST 2018

Hi Ruki,

I would suggest you to try phenix.pdb_interpretation - This will parse your
model and try to construct geometry restraints for it using Phenix
restraints library. In the process, many strange things are being diagnosed
and reported.
More lightweight and fast tool is phenix.pdb.hierarchy - this will only
parse model and construct internal representation of it that is used in
phenix. Some errors also could be detected here, but the amount of analysis
is much less compared to phenix.pdb_interpretation.

To gain even better control, you can use cctbx library (
https://github.com/cctbx/cctbx_project), which contains all the necessary
tools used by Phenix. Then you will be able to write your own Python
scripts.

Let us know if you need more information on any Phenix tools.

Best regards,
Oleg Sobolev.