[phenixbb] Postdoctoral position in membrane protein structure and function at the NIH

Anirban Banerjee anirbn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 15:30:04 PST 2018

There is an open postdoctoral position for a membrane protein
structure-function project in my lab at the NIH. We are currently focusing
on integral membrane enzymes (Science. 2018,  doi: 10.1126/science.aao6326)
and transporters of transition metal ions (J Biol Chem. 2018, doi:
10.1074/jbc.M117.817478).

Here is the formal announcement -

EUNICE KENNEDY SHRIVER NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF CHILD HEALTH AND HUMAN
DEVELOPMENT, BETHESDA, MD AND SURROUNDING AREA

Position Description:
The research group of Dr. Anirban Banerjee at the National Institutes of
Health (NIH) is seeking candidates for postdoctoral fellows . The broad
interests of the lab are in membrane protein structure and function. We
combine structural techniques such as macromolecular crystallography with
biophysical and biochemical methods such as reconstitution based assays,
high resolution microscopy and small molecule screening to investigate the
structural bases of the mechanisms of a number of membrane proteins.

The lab has state-of-the-art equipment and facilities. We have dedicated
periodic access to the 22-ID beamline at the APS, for crystallographers at
the NIH, as well as access to 23-ID and 24-ID beam lines at the APS. Our
laboratory is part of the Cell Biology and Neurobiology Branch in the
Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human
Development (NICHD). We also have an affiliation to the National Institute
of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS).

Qualifications:
The candidates should hold a Ph. D. degree, be author of at least one first
author publication and have a strong background in biochemistry or
structural biology. Experience with basic molecular biology, protein
expression, purification and biochemical characterization are required.
Prior experience in membrane protein biochemistry or mammalian expression
system for protein purification will be added advantages.

It is absolutely essential the candidate is motivated and prepared to put
in the best efforts for fruition of the project goals. We are a small,
friendly lab and ability to work as part of a cohesive group is important.

To Apply:
Interested candidates can send an e-mail to anirban.banerjee at nih.gov with a
CV and a summary of previous research experience and future interests.

The NIH is dedicated to building a diverse community in its training and
employment programs.