[phenixbb] refining a covalent-bound ligand

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Thu Feb 22 09:25:30 PST 2018

Hi Sebastiano,

if the ligand in PDB file is placed correctly and distance between atoms
that are supposed to have a bond is within reasonable then it should be
linked automatically. Otherwise you can use custom bonds as described
here (available in GUI and command line):

http://phenix-online.org/documentation/reference/refinement.html#definition-of-custom-bonds-and-angles

Phenix does not recognize LINK records.

To verify the link, check .geo file that lists all the restraints used
in refinement.

Let us know if you more questions or need help!

Pavel