[phenixbb] Deprecating legacy support (CentOS 5, Windows 32-bit) in CCTBX and Phenix

Billy Poon BKPoon at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 2 13:46:29 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

The upcoming Phenix 1.14 official release will still have installers for
CentOS 5 and Windows 32-bit, but since CentOS is no longer supporting
CentOS 5, and RedHat is only supporting RHEL5 through their Extended Life
Cycle Support Add-On (until November 30, 2020), we are planning on
deprecating CentOS 5 support (32-bit and 64-bit). In addition, we are
planning on deprecating 32-bit support for Windows because only a few
percent (< 5% for both Windows and CentOS 5) of our Phenix downloads are
for 32-bit versions.

Please let us know if support for CentOS 5 (32-bit and/or 64-bit) or 32-bit
Windows is a requirement for your systems. If so, also please describe your
setup. Thanks!

--
Billy K. Poon
Research Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging