[phenixbb] n_gaussian tables?

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 16 23:12:19 PDT 2018

Hi Aaron,

> I gather that the wk1995 and it1992 scattering tables come from Waasmaier & Kirfe (1995), Acta Cryst. A51, 416-431 and the International Tables Vol C 1992 respectively.
>
> Can someone please tell me from where the n_gaussian scattering tables are derived?
this is the default option for X-ray form-factors used in Phenix that is
dynamically optimized for best possible speed and accuracy given atomic
model and diffraction data, described here

Grosse-Kunstleve, R. W., Sauter, N. K. & Adams, P. D. (2004). IUCr
Comput. Comm. Newsl. 3, 22–31.

http://www.phenix-online.org/papers/iucrcompcomm_jan2004.pdf