[phenixbb] Phenix.rosetta build Ubuntu 16.04

Joseph Brock joseph.brock at dbb.su.se
Tue May 8 01:09:42 PDT 2018

Dear all,

I just wanted to post the solution to this incase anybody else runs into a similar problem. I just needed to compile the latest phenix (phenix-1.13-299) from source and now it works with my rosetta installation just fine. After downloading the source installer I changed into the install directory and ran:

sudo ./install --prefix=/usr/local/stow --nproc=4 --try-unsupported --source --debug --rosetta --without-pymol (installed in non-standard location so as not to overwrite my binary installation)

added source statement to .bashrc as instructed:

source /usr/local/stow/phenix-1.13-2998/phenix_env.sh

Since I had already compiled rosetta 3.7 (2016.32.58837) using scons as described:
https://www.phenix-online.org/documentation/reference/rosetta_install.html
https://www.rosettacommons.org/docs/latest/build_documentation/Build-Documentation

I then ran:

rosetta.build_phenix_interface_1.13-2998 nproc=4
rosetta.run_tests

Cheers,

Joseph.

Joseph S. Brock | PhD
Researcher
Drew Lab
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics
Stockholm University