[phenixbb] Fwd: Postdoc position in San Antonio, TX

Yogesh Gupta yogesh.gupta25 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 14:51:33 PDT 2023

*NIH-funded Postdoctoral Associate position in Structural Virology at the
University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio*

The laboratory of Dr. Yogesh Gupta (http://ccri.uthscsa.edu/YGupta.html) is
seeking an enthusiastic Postdoctoral Associate to study the structures and
specificity of RNA modification enzymes. We will mainly use X-ray
crystallography and cryo-EM to study the mechanisms and develop small
molecule antiviral candidates. We provide a rich multi-disciplinary
environment and access to cutting-edge technologies to our trainees.

Further details of our recent work can be found here:

Elife. 2022 Jan 21;11:e67150. doi: 10.7554/eLife.67150
<https://elifesciences.org/articles/67150>.

Nature Communications. 2021 Jun 2; 12: 3287. PMID: 34078893. doi:
10.1038/s41467-021-23594-y
<https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-021-23594-y>

Nature Communications. 2020 Jul 24;11(1):3718. PMID: 32709886. doi:
10.1038/s41467-020-17496-8
<https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-17496-8>

Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated experience in
protein purification from insect or mammalian cells, protein/nucleic acid
biochemistry, X-ray crystallography, and cryo-EM. Candidates are expected
to possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability
to work independently but also effectively and collaboratively as part of a
team. An ideal candidate should hold (or soon expect to) a Ph.D. or
equivalent degree in biochemistry/biophysics/structural biology.

The Greehey Children’s Cancer Research Institute (GCCRI) is a unique,
specialized cancer research center of UT Health Science Center San Antonio,
focusing on basic and translational research. It occupies a
state-of-the-art 100,000 sq. foot research facility on the university’s
Greehey Academic and Research Campus. The GCCRI has significant external
funding, a large endowment from the state, and links to philanthropic
entities. San Antonio is the nation’s seventh-largest city and is located
at the edge of the beautiful Texas Hill Country. San Antonio offers a rich,
multicultural community, affordable cost of living, excellent weather, and
a thriving biomedical industry. There is no state income tax in Texas.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.

Interested candidates can apply by sending a short description of their
research accomplishments and a CV with the contact information of 3
references to Dr. Yogesh Gupta (email: guptay at uthscsa.edu).

*All Postdoctoral appointments are designated as security-sensitive
positions. UT Health San Antonio is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, including protected veterans and persons with disabilities.*

--
Yogesh Gupta, Ph.D.
Associate Professor