[phenixbb] autogenerate restraint.eff from PDB for phenix.varref

vincent Chaptal vincent.chaptal at ibcp.fr
Fri Sep 15 07:43:05 PDT 2023

Hi Pavel,

yes I do have the file which goes :

geometry_restraints {
   edits {
     bond {
       atom_selection_1 = chain A and resseq 1601 and name O2
       atom_selection_2 = chain A and resseq 895 and name OG
       distance_ideal = 3.2
       sigma = 0.5
     }
     bond {
       atom_selection_1 = chain A and resseq 1601 and name O2
       atom_selection_2 = chain A and resseq 299 and name OG
       distance_ideal = 2.3
       sigma = 0.5
     }

.... many more bonds....

   }
}

But it takes some time to generate a good amount of restraints, and for
structures with several ligands it could be a long task.
Agreed that it is not fool-proof but a general edition of these bonds
and editing afterwards would be a good little program I believe.

Best
Vincent

--

Vincent Chaptal, PhD

Director of GdR APPICOM

Drug Resistance and Membrane Proteins Lab

MMSB -UMR5086

7 passage du Vercors

69007 LYON

FRANCE