[phenixbb] map deposition strategy after density modification

Daniel Larsson daniel.larsson at icm.uu.se
Wed Sep 20 06:34:03 PDT 2023

Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for the feedback. The previous answers posted here and feedback I've gotten in person and at other online platforms (e.g. Takanori's reply on Twitter https://twitter.com/biochem_fan/status/1599623792040742914) have been very enlightening.

In the relevant case, the density modification did not improve the maps in the regions of interest (even though the best resolved regions looked better in the DM map), so therefore we decided to not use the DM maps and do all the model building, refinement and B-factor assignment against the final, unsharpened map from the 3D reconstruction software.

Regards,
Daniel