[phenixbb] Joint X-ray / neutron refinement

Kristoffer Lundgren kristoffer.lundgren at compchem.lu.se
Fri Feb 23 02:58:17 PST 2024

Hello phenixbb,

When trying to do joint refinement in phenix.refine 1.21-5207 using the suggested joint_xn.eff file found at https://phenix-online.org/documentation/reference/refinement.html#neutron-and-joint-x-ray-and-neutron-refinement as a template I get some error messages (running phenix.refine from the command line):

  Unrecognized PHIL parameters:
  -----------------------------
    xray.refinement.refine.strategy (file "joint_xn.eff", line 33)
    xray.refinement.main.simulated_annealing (file "joint_xn.eff", line 36)
    xray.refinement.main.ordered_solvent (file "joint_xn.eff", line 37)
    xray.refinement.main.number_of_macro_cycles (file "joint_xn.eff", line 38)
    neutron.refinement.refine.strategy (file "joint_xn.eff", line 45)
    neutron.refinement.main.simulated_annealing (file "joint_xn.eff", line 48)
    neutron.refinement.main.ordered_solvent (file "joint_xn.eff", line 49)
    neutron.refinement.main.number_of_macro_cycles (file "joint_xn.eff", line 50)

Can you please advice on how to proceed? It looks like the options supplied are not recognized at all by phenix.refine.

Best regards
Kristoffer