[phenixbb] ResolveCryoEM problem

Tom Terwilliger tterwilliger at newmexicoconsortium.org
Mon Jan 22 11:35:23 PST 2024

Hi Luca,

I am sorry for the bug and the poor error message in resolve_cryo_em!

Can you try this:

1. put all your copies of the sequence in the sequence file
2. set the parameter "copies of sequence file in map" to 1  (I think you
set this to how many copies there were, which was quite reasonable to do
but which does not work if there are no models).

I'll fix it so that this works ok in the future.
Thanks!
-Tom T

On Mon, Jan 22, 2024 at 10:16 AM Luca Pellegrini <lp212 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run Resolve with two half maps and a sequence file with ncs
> copies of the sequence. Resolve stops with the message: “Need a symmetry
> file if ncs_copies > 1 and using models”. But I am not using models. Please
> advise.
>
> Regards,
> Luca
>
> Luca Pellegrini, PhD
> Department of Biochemistry
> University of Cambridge
> Cambridge CB2 1GA
> UK

Thomas C Terwilliger
Laboratory Fellow, Los Alamos National Laboratory
Senior Scientist, New Mexico Consortium
100 Entrada Dr, Los Alamos, NM 87544
Email: tterwilliger at newmexicoconsortium.org
Tel: 505-431-0010